[TYPO3-typo3org] Useless extension inflation, part 22311

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Mon Apr 3 19:16:05 CEST 2006

>>> What is wrong with this? Anyone who reads German or Italian is
>>> welcome to translate them into whatever language he likes.
>>
>> the Coding Guidelines (?) state that they at least need to be in
>> english.
>>

> The coding guidelines are a requirement for the core, but not for
> extensions.

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_cgl/current/view/1/1/

Very first sentence:

This document is intended for those who are interested in helping with the
TYPO3 project by programming _extensions_ or changes to the core.

Even though I have to admit that I do prefer having an extension available
that solves a problem in one of my projects (together with the possibility
to translate it into my "default" language) to having no extension at all.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de