[TYPO3-typo3org] Useless extension inflation, part 22311

Stanislas Rolland stanislas.rolland at fructifor.ca
Mon Apr 3 18:10:22 CEST 2006

Michael Scharkow a écrit :
> [...]
> 5. Plus an extension that is completely in Italian and another one
> completely in German [...].

What is wrong with this? Anyone who reads German or Italian is welcome
to translate them into whatever language he likes.

Galileo Galilei was the first European scientist to publish his works in
a language other than the language of the Roman empire. How many
centuries do you propose we should wait before one is allowed to publish
his work in a language other than English?

I would strongly support all those who would like to publish extensions
in languages other than the language imposed upon us by the empire of
the day.

Regards,
Stanislas

P.S. I would also propose that every occurrence of 'default' in TYPO3
language files be replaced by 'en', since 'default' does not correctly
describe the language of the content, and English is not my default
language.