[TYPO3-typo3org] Useless extension inflation, part 22311

Mon Apr 3 12:01:00 CEST 2006

Michael Scharkow schrieb:

> 4. Did I mention there's yet another calendar in there (just dropped out
> of the list as I write this)

The author of that calendar wrote about it, that he had to do it
because other calendars didn't fit his needs. Well we have an own
calendar newsgroup and it is obvious that the members are thankfull
and open for every contribution to the common calendar the group
is developing.

Instead of making calendar nr. 78 the author could have reached
more with less work if he had contributed his ideas to the common
calendar. At least by theory, but I think also in practice.

Peter Kindström wrote about this default behaviour:

... it is not very easy to change the community away from the
"do it yourself" mentality to a "cooperation" mentality!

Regards

Elmar