[TYPO3-typo3org] Useless extension inflation, part 22311

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Mon Apr 3 11:05:06 CEST 2006

Hi *,

looking at the list of new extensions during the last weeks has once
again made me wonder how much bullshit we can ever let in there:

1. Another shitty guestbook extension whose sole purpose seems
self-advertisement of the author. Not only that the extension completely
ignores the CGL, inserts a promo link on every page, implements its own
captchas and other ridiculous things, it has also triggered

2. another extension-extension (oh, how I love those) which sucks just
as much.

3. Not to mention the other guestbook (sorry, Franz) which adds to the
list. Man, we have more guestbooks in TER than ZOPE has overall
products! Aren't we l33t?

4. Did I mention there's yet another calendar in there (just dropped out
of the list as I write this)

5. Plus an extension that is completely in Italian and another one
completely in German (that rating stuff also just dropped out).

I know I can get rid of some by means of the security review (shhh, I
don't tell which) but even doing a security review of that crap is
wasting my time already. And reviewing is broken atm.

I'd really like a strict policy on no foreign-language extensions and
please *no more guestbooks and calendars*.

Sorry for ranting.

Michael