[Typo3-typo3org] wiki down ?

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Sep 30 09:17:10 CEST 2005

Hi Peter,

>> Just wanted to add a nice wiki entry describing how to create
>> a two-level <ul> content element with TV FCE's but must have noted
>> that the wiki doesn't react ... the page just doesn't load and I get
>> a connection timeout.
>
> I CC:ed Sebastian, I think it looks like a server problem.

Sebastian is on (kind of) holiday this week. Someone else will need to look
at this!

>> I don't know if this problem is related to spam or such but I always
>> asked myself if we shouldn't make the wiki "edit on login" only. This
>> would reduce spam and other misusage ...
>
> Of course, but have you had a big problem with spam on the wiki?
>
> I check for spammed wiki pages nearly every day. At average
> there are about
>  - one page spammed
>  - three pages with "good" contributions
> per day, made by an anonymous user.

Since there is no spam atm it seems you do a really good job! As long as you
are doing this, I am fine with keeping it anonymous.

On the other side I still think it wouldn't hurt if people need to do some
login procedure, e.g. just like Google Groups is doing it to unlock email
addresses in their postings. Example:
http://groups.google.com/group/de.comp.lang.php.misc/browse_frm/thread/1b5c63eae24b100d/
(search for "portsieben" and click the link)

Regards, michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out