[Typo3-typo3org] Mailing list archive, what next?

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Sat Sep 17 16:17:56 CEST 2005

Michael Stucki wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been thinking about possible replacements for the mailing list archive.
>
> Since last August, finally all mailing lists are archived at
> http://lists.netfielders.de/.
>
> However I still think that we should provide some nice interface for people
> who don't want to post via web browser instead of using email/newsreader.

Do you mean for people who *do* want to post via web browser? I don't
see why we should enable this. Posting is easy enough if you really want
to, making posting available via a browser will result in spam or
useless posts, thus decreasing the overall quality of the newsgroups.

I guess what most people are missing is a working archive with searching
possibility. This is easy to implement with pipermail/hypermail/mhonarc etc.

Greetings,
Michael