[Typo3-typo3org] Mailing list archive, what next?

Steffen Müller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Fri Sep 16 17:11:39 CEST 2005

Hi.

On 16.09.2005 13:53 Michael Stucki wrote:

> My suggestion is to install a web-based newsgroup client somewhere on
> typo3.org. My suggestion is NewsPortal but only because I don't know any
> other solutions: http://florian-amrhein.de/newsportal/
> Demo site: http://florian-amrhein.de/nw/newsportal/demo/

Using NNTP instead of a database collection seems to be the better
approach to reduce load, but features are reduced. E.g. I miss a way to
search postings.

I don't know any other NNTP-Webtools, but
another approach is M2F (combines Mailinglists and Boards)
http://www.mail2forum.com/wiki/Main_Page
Just an example, personaly I would prefer an NNTP solution.

How about moving tx_maillisttofaq from typo3.org to another server - to
share the load - until there is a better solution. The FAQ and HOWTOs
are gone at the moment and there hasn't even been a news to inform users
about the changes. Don't get me wrong. I appreciate speed improvements
on typo3.org. But why do we discuss this after maillisttofaq is offline
and not before?

--
cheers,
Steffen