[Typo3-typo3org] Repeated questions on the lists

Steffen Müller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Fri Oct 14 22:36:52 CEST 2005

Hi.

On 14.10.2005 17:30 Patrick Gaumond wrote:
> Christian Trabold wrote:
>
>> Joey, Sacha and I had a few talks about this. Here's a quote from
>> Sacha on this from the typo3.org list:
>>
>> "Joey, Christian and I had a discussion about a snippet archive on
>> typo3.org and transformed our ideas into this first draft of a concept:
>> http://ichwillsonne.unlimitedvision.de/snippetarchive.pdf

sorry, 404.

> There's already a German/English TSCode snippet repository:
>
> http://www.typo3wizard.com/
>
> Why not put the collective effort into it while development occur for a
> full pledge extension ?

see the page footer why not:
(c) 2005 Typo3Wizard.com All Rights Reserved

I know there is also the hint: "Unsere Snippets kannst du kopieren und
weiterverwenden" (in english: You are allowed to copy and reuse our
snippets). But that does not mean, that you are allowed to publish these
snippets somewhere else. Anyway, this permission can be revoked at any time.

IMHO, the typo3-wiki is a better place to collect snippets.

There was a little discussion about FAQs and Howtos [1] and the proposal
was to turn them into categorized, maintained and moderated objects on
typo3.org. In my eyes, a good way would be to also have a FAQ/Howto
collection in the wiki. The FAQ/Howto maintainer could check the wiki
for new postings regularly and if useful, move 'em into typo3.org

[1]