[Typo3-typo3org] Fwd: Broken Link In "Inside TYPO3"

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2005 at typo3.com
Wed Oct 12 15:05:09 CEST 2005

Hi Folks,

I got this report of broken links on typo3.org

When I studied the example page I realized the broken link stems from a
feature I never implemented.

When I wrote "Inside TYPO3" and "TYPO3 Core API" I wanted to link to other
documentation. Instead of using absolute URLs to the website I chose to link
to other documents on my local hard drive.

I knew back then that these links would not work without changes to the
typo3.org software. My intension was to implement that when links were
pointing to a manual.sxw file in an extension directory, I would make an
automatic look up and create the correct typo3.org link when the document was
rendered online. But I never got that far.

Now, the idea of creating inter-document links is fine still I believe, but we
need to implement this. So this might be a note for Robert when he improves
the documentation display?

- kasper