[Typo3-typo3org] Rating of extensions

Elmar Hinz elmar.hinz at vcd-berlin.de
Fri Nov 11 14:34:43 CET 2005

> User Ratings of extensions:
> - Rating with 1-5 stars and comment
> - Extension Author can comment a rating to counter bias or misunderstandings.
> - Other users can rate a rating (agree/don't agree). This reflects on the
> authors global credibility on the site?

See amazon: "49 of 60 people found the following review helpful:"

> - Ratings and reviews can be given only from the Extension Manager! This
> secures that people actually installed the extensions (and hopefully tested
> it). And it makes it easy to rate it!
> - Rating average is shown only after the first five ratings are given. If an
> extension has received 1-4 ratings it is put into the "Jacuzzy" meaning it is
> "upcoming" and needs some more ratings before it will appear. Point: Secure
> an unbiased set of initial ratings.
> - Suggest ratings to address issues like "How was a) documentation, b)
> installation phase, c) daily usage"?

Hi guru and guys,

I like to see that there comes movement into this.

An additional proposal:

* Ratings should be bound to versions of extension.

(Otherwise bad ratings from the past would lower the average, even if
the extension has much improved.)

Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: Mexico, Guatemala, New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh,
Spain, Portugal, Austria, Swiss, France, ...