[Typo3-typo3org] Rating of extensions

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Fri Nov 11 14:23:08 CET 2005

Hey Kasper,

> I had a lunch talk with a few TYPO3 guys and we discussed extension
> rating. I distilled some guidelines for how it should work. Any
> comments? Anyone working actively on this?

It all sounds very good, and I have only one comment.

> - Ratings and reviews can be given only from the Extension Manager!
> This secures that people actually installed the extensions (and
> hopefully tested it). And it makes it easy to rate it!

One simple suggestion to this. The rating system might validate the IP
address given from the server where the vote is giving. This makes it
possible only to rate one time, from each server. I am unsure if this is
such a good idea, because it makes it unpossible to rate, if your being
hosted at some server, where 100 other sites is hosted, but some kind of
check on the domain at least might be an idea.

Just my 2 cents,

Lars