[Typo3-typo3org] Installer packages > WAMP

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Nov 4 08:31:33 CET 2005

Hi Georg,

> shouldn't be there a WAMP with 3.8.0 online instead of 3.6.0RC1 ???

As far as I know, Ingmar (who created the original Installer) is not willing
to work on a new version. However I'm already trying to get in touch with
him because we need a customized version for a customer.

One thing which I don't like with the WAMP installer is that it invites
people to install a totally insecure server. Just imagine how many people
are still using this old Apache version which is shipped with this program!

A nicer approach could be the webserver on a USB stick which has been
released by some German guy. This offers a nice webserver for Windows
machines which however is not made for a permanent use. I just hope there
is no option to copy everything to the hard disk...

Before we start with that, however this guy first needs to become aware that
his very special license "Useware" is violating with the GPL (he simply
can't change it!).

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out