[Typo3-typo3org] Comments on the mirroring concept

Sven Wilhelm wilhelm at icecrash.com
Tue Mar 8 16:27:39 CET 2005

Hi,

in the past I have send comments and inspirations to Robert directly,
now Robert invited me to publish here.

Repository:
The idea of something like a debian repository is now written in the
concept paper.

Questions:
-----------
* How often do extensions change if there is a serious development?
* Possible to see the refresh of a extension list as a task that is done
   on demand and not automatically by the EM?
   * Compare it to an "apt-get update"
   * Possible to do that cronbased at night where backups,... are done
   * Have a persistant packagelist until next update
   * The workload for generating the local packagelist could be higher
     and mixing of several repositories (local, special, public) should
     be possible

Data Exchange:
---------------
Due the fact that there should be the data-exchange via soap, provide a
new t3x format which is simply a zip archive containing an information
file (Extension.xml) and the data part (just an idea).
* Advantages are the chance to use other languages for tools around
   typo3.
   * Integration in Eclipse for direct uploading finished extensions.

Extension.xml
Will publish a mindmap with my ideas soon (it's only a first draft).
Every XML-File should be based on a DTD or Schema (writing a DTD is no
problem to me).

Part 1 finished :)

Greets Sven