[Typo3-typo3org] Comments on the mirroring concept

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Mar 8 09:46:54 CET 2005

Hello Jürgen,

> As a server admin I would like to have the chance to let people
> only connect to *one given* mirror. E.G. in a big hosting, I probably want
> to have some "supported" EXT where the hoster
> has tested and will answer questions to the EXT, ...
> Same in a big company, where people might be able to install
> their own EXT, but only from a pool.

I had a similar idea which goes pretty much in the same direction. However
it doesn't really touch the TER mirroring yet, but this could be added as
well:

I'm thinking about a new extension which provides black- and whitelists in
order to let admins only install extensions which are allowed.

- Each mirror would hold a list of allowed/denied extensions (including
  version ranges)

- The server admin (with write access to localconf.php) can explicitely
  allow/deny and overrule the above suggestions. A TYPO3 site admin should
  finally have no ways to change that.

What do you think about this?

Regards, michael
--