[Typo3-typo3org] Upgrade to 3.8.0 / PHP5

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Wed Jun 1 09:42:06 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 01 June 2005 09:18, Juergen Egeling wrote:
> * Robert Lemke <robert at typo3.org> [050601 09:10]:
> > But what if the new TER speeds up TYPO3.org by the factor 1000? Who needs
> > accelerators ... ;-)
>
> The new TER might speed up the TER by 1000, but we still have the regular
> pages plus the problem with the mailinglist search, so we do need
> an accelerator.

Yes of course, I was kidding.

I will move some of my biggest sites (to PHP5 during the next weeks and will
have a look at the performance. But generally I have heard only good feedback
from different PHP forums.

They also improved the Zend Engine which should give another small performance
boost.

--
Robert Lemke
Assessor - TYPO3 Association