[Typo3-typo3org] Upgrade to 3.8.0 / PHP5

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Wed Jun 1 09:32:06 CEST 2005

Juergen Egeling wrote:
> * Robert Lemke <robert at typo3.org> [050601 09:10]:
>
>>But what if the new TER speeds up TYPO3.org by the factor 1000? Who needs
>>accelerators ... ;-)
>

> The new TER might speed up the TER by 1000, but we still have the regular
> pages plus the problem with the mailinglist search, so we do need
> an accelerator.

Wasn't the plan to separate TER from the rest of the site? We can run
TER 2 on dedicated (virtual) machine on Debian/Sid (if anyone dares to
;)) with PHP5, and still the rest can be plain ol' PHP4 with your
favourite accelerator.

Greetings,
Michael

PS: The same would be true for docs.t3.org, since we'd probably need a
server that runs ooffice...