[Typo3-typo3org] News repository online!

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Thu Jul 21 17:13:17 CEST 2005

Robert Lemke wrote:
> On Thursday 21 July 2005 15:16, Rupert Germann wrote:
>> Currently I'm fixing an error which makes the feed not "well
>> formed" (specialchars in the caption of the latest artcle are the reason
>> for this)
>
> Yes, I know. Also have a look at the categories, an ampersand (&) also
> destroys the XML ...

I have it working here on my local installation. I added <![CDATA[ ]]> to
most fields of the XML output.
I also removed the base64 encoding/decoding - saves a bit processing power
and CDATA should do the same job.

BUT this requires a coordinated update of the exporting part on
news.typo3.org and the newsimporter extension on the target servers.

when ahould we do this ?

greets
rupi