[Typo3-typo3org] TER2

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Fri Aug 5 10:43:47 CEST 2005

Robert Lemke wrote:

> What I aimed for in my announcement is developing the Extension Manager.
>
> What features would you like to develop which have to be on the server side
> and therefore need a hook in the TER?

Hi Robert,

please bear in mind that it should be possible to run multiple instances
of repositories in one installation.
This is needed e.g. for TDR, if we want to use the TER infrastructure
for that. Ideally, we should just use a different table name, file path,
adjust the required metadata structure, override some class methods
(like instead of storing stuff as t3x, instead start the conversion of
the files to pdf and html), and we are done.
Unfortunately, TDR has not been discussed much by anyone but us two, so
this is my 2 cents for maximum code reusal and efficiency.

I'm waiting for the source to be published, too ;)

Greetings,
Michael