[Typo3-typo3org] TER 2.0 - updated concept!

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Tue Apr 26 09:44:05 CEST 2005

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb] wrote:

> Robert Lemke wrote:
>> That put much load on TYPO3.org again which I'd like to avoid. Too
>> unstable in my eyes.
>
> Think about it the other way around:
> Folks WILL use typo3.org for searching.
> So they will most likely browse typo3.org then move to the TER and
> download things :)

Okay, you meant it as a solution for marking extensions on TYPO3.org for
download and then easily download them from the EM, right?

Another suggestion: We keep the mark-for-download feature on TYPO3.org and
the new EM has a button "show my list of extensions marked for download on
TYPO3.org" (or something shorter ...). If you click that button, the EM
will use the SOAP interface to fetch that list, cache it locally and then
work without connecting to TYPO3.org anymore.

--
robert