[Typo3-typo3org] TER 2.0 - updated concept!

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Mon Apr 25 22:28:37 CEST 2005

On Monday 25 April 2005 22:06, Thomas Hempel wrote:
> As I wrote you a few days ago, we (n at work www.work.de) will sponsor the
> TER with hardware and bandwidth. :)

That's good to know, we'll need some reliable mirrors.

> But I have a little suggestion, or better feature request, for the next
> TER. (I hope this is the right place to ask?)
> I think it would be extremly useful if you could make a complete update
> of all installed extensions. Like an apt-get dist-upgrade or emerge world.
> It's quite annoying to search for every single extension which way maybe
> updated since installation.
>
> If this is the wrong place for this, please tell me, where I could
> suggest it.

We can implement such a feature into the EM, the concept already defines the
requirements. The problem only is that extensions must support such an
automatic upgrade because you usually have to define some action for upgrades
and in many cases upgrades can't be done automatically.

--
Robert Lemke
Assessor - TYPO3 Association