[Typo3-typo3org] documentation.typo3.org

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Fri Apr 15 12:04:23 CEST 2005

Bodo Eichstädt wrote:

> So...
> - _all_ EXT (including "tv-doc.t3x") is uploaded to TER
> - out of these, all doc-EXT (*-doc.t3x, eg  "tv-doc.t3x") are mirrored
> to the documentation repository

NO, I agree with Kasper that documentation does not belong into TER, not
one bit. I would like a completely separate doc infrastructure, so I can
write and manage docs without messing with extensions, as I have to do
now. A simple reference to
http://documentation.typo3.org/extensions/extkeyxxx should be sufficient
to download docs to your local T3 installation.

> doc repository is capable of ...
> - unpacking
> - converting / repacking (as t3x, zip of html, pdf, ...)
> - rendering (viewing)

This is the short-term todo list.

> - online-editing (wiki-like ???? I a wiki you _can_ upload images!)
> - check-out & check-in parts (!) like a single chapter for
> offline-editing of cource with a lock of this chapter for some time
> (like in some wikis)
> - manage page-by-page or chapter-by-chapter translations inspired by
> T3-BE "Copy default CE" before I check-out a page/chapter for
> translating it

This is the long term todo list.

Greetings,
Michael