[Typo3-typo3org] documentation.typo3.org

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Wed Apr 13 11:24:04 CEST 2005

Some other raw thoughts about documentation:

 - Keep documentation in the extension directory *locally* (in doc/)
 - In the extension manager provide two checkboxes:
    [ ] upload extension
    [ ] upload documentation
 - extension and documentation will be uploaded to different servers
   (TER / documentation.typo3.org or call it TDR?)
 - the documentation site generates multiple formats automatically
 - how can we keep or improve usability on the typo3.org site?
   it would be a weird browsing experience to search the extension
   on one site and read the documentation on the other.
 - what can we learn from other projects?
 - how can we mirror the documentation site? I suggest mirroring only
   the *end-product*, ie. the html, pdf, xml, sxw files, and not let the
   mirror sites render these formats from the source format

--
robert