[Typo3-typo3org] The next steps

Sven Wilhelm wilhelm at icecrash.com
Wed Apr 13 08:38:48 CEST 2005

> If I remember right Sven did already do something like this, but I might be
> wrong. The other thing is Butsch is into unit-tests, but on Java-Level. I
> can ask him if he wants to take care of it.
PHPUnit in general yes, but I did not setup unit tests for extrep_mgm.

> Generaly yes, it sounds like a good idea. LDAP in the other mail (Sven)
> seems to be a good idea also, but in this case, I am not too much into LDAP
> to be sure that you can control access to it. The main problem is that not
> everyone should be able to update users, but only check rights against a
> common place. As long as it's only used for internal projects, that's no
> problem anyway.
The central LDAP administrator can setup fine tuned access control on
server-side. If I know it right, there is also development work to the
access control data inside the tree.
Right now, you can configure which person has the privilege to do what.
And that include unauthenticated, authenticated and directly named
persons. A few days ago I was happy to find another Java LDAP client [1]
which is very fine by setup a tree.

[1] http://www.jxplorer.org/

Sven