[Typo3-typo3org] Debugging Log

Ingmar Schlecht ingmars at web.de
Sat Apr 9 16:55:03 CEST 2005

Hi Robert,

Robert Lemke wrote:
> this is the log of a debugging session I had together with Jan-Hendrik on
> the phone. Together we tried to find out why TYPO3.org was freaking out the
> last 4-5 days.

Thank you very much for posting that here, that enables others to give
their input on the issues and try to help.

> 10.04.2005
>
>  13:00   Announced maintenance on front page and disabled documentation
>          section
>  13:14   PHP error log throws this error about twice a second:
>
>          [error] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare class t3lib_div
>          in /www/htdocs/_data/typo3.com/typo3_src-3.8.0-dev-cvs/t3lib/class.t3lib_div.php
>          on line 209
>
>          seems like some extension tries to include t3lib_div with require
>          instead of require_once. Because RTE HTML area also has a require
>          in the spellchecker module, deactivated RTE HTML area.
>
>  13:25   As a workaround changed the require into require_once in
>          tslib/index_ts.php. The error messages stop.

I already encountered the same problem, and am starting to think that in
a recent PHP version the behaviour of require_once() changed, so that it
only works properly if not only the second, third, etc. requires are
done with require_once() but ALSO THE FIRST!

So in "entry scripts" like showpic.php, index_ts.php, typo3/init.php all
require() calls should be changed to require_once() calls for TYPO3 3.8.0.

I have just reported that issues to http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=958

>  14:10   Documentation section still shows a different page on each reload

This is a rather old problem. I sent you (and the security ML) a mail
when I first experienced that random-page problem on typo3.org and
ter.typo3.com, so you can check your mailbox for the exact date of the
fist occurance (I'm sorry I lost all my mails of that time frame so I
can't look the date up myself).

>  14:55  Downgraded to TYPO3 3.7.0 - everything works now.

Are you sure the random page bug is related to 3.8.0 and does not occur
in 3.7.0? When did you upgrade typo3.org from 3.7.0 to 3.8.0-dev?

cheers,
Ingmar