[Typo3-typo3org] Debugging Log

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Sat Apr 9 16:17:46 CEST 2005


Hi folks,

this is the log of a debugging session I had together with Jan-Hendrik on
the phone. Together we tried to find out why TYPO3.org was freaking out the
last 4-5 days.

10.04.2005

 13:00   Announced maintenance on front page and disabled documentation 
         section
 13:14   PHP error log throws this error about twice a second:

         [error] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare class t3lib_div         
         in /www/htdocs/_data/typo3.com/typo3_src-3.8.0-dev-cvs/t3lib/class.t3lib_div.php  
         on line 209

         seems like some extension tries to include t3lib_div with require 
         instead of require_once. Because RTE HTML area also has a require
         in the spellchecker module, deactivated RTE HTML area.

 13:25   As a workaround changed the require into require_once in 
         tslib/index_ts.php. The error messages stop.

 13:30   Created new TYPO3.org account and consultancy entry. Seems to work
         fine.

 13:37   Still some errors in PHP error log:

         [error] PHP Warning:  Cannot add header information - headers 
         already sent by (output started 
         at /www/htdocs/_data/typo3.com/typo3_src-3.8.0-dev-cvs/t3lib/class.
  t3lib_db.php:979)in /www/htdocs/_data/typo3.com/
  typo3_src-3.8.0-dev-cvs/typo3/sysext/cms/tslib/class.tslib_fe.php 
         on line 2430

         disabled extensions section to reduce load, TER still works via EM

 13:42   Checked the site. After clearing all caches I receive TYPO3_DB 
         debug messages complaining about duplicate keys in the cache table.

         Installed phpMyAdmin.

 13:50   Clearing typo3temp/ cache

 14:10   Documentation section still shows a different page on each reload

 14:55  Downgraded to TYPO3 3.7.0 - everything works now. 

One symptom was this: Access typo3.org/documentation/. With luck you saw the
documentation main page. Reload. You see a random page of one of the
manuals. Reload. A different random page etc.

We found out that ther must be a bug in caching part of the TYPO3 3.8.0 CVS
version we used. It was not the most current version so we'll have to see
if Kasper changed something in the meantime.

If you access the documentation section (typo3.org/documentation/) without a
cHash, it shows random pages. If you use the cHash, it shows the correct
page. Some other weird side effects also appeared, like TYPO3_DB debug
messages warnining about duplicate keys in the pages cache table.

For now I switched back to 3.7.0 again. Jan-Hendrik made a copy of TYPO3.org
and after we found out what the problem with the 3.8.0dev caching mechanism
is, we will try again to make an upgrade on the TYPO3.org copy.

If we can get TYPO3.org running with 3.8.0, we can enable the cache headers
functionality and that will give us a huge performance boost - at least
that is what we expect.

-- 
robert



More information about the TYPO3-team-typo3org mailing list