[Typo3-typo3org] Digital Library

Sven Wilhelm wilhelm at icecrash.com
Thu Apr 7 14:32:38 CEST 2005

Hi,

due a project for an institute at the Technical University Darmstadt I'm
writing a Digital Library.
The original feature request was a management of Bibtex data with TYPO3.
After analysing the formats I saw that extending the feature list and
writing a general library extension makes more sense.

So this extension should at least be able to manage published documents
like books, magazine, and miscellanious (not categorized documents
(reports, journal)). With an optional url inside the record, the
document record can refer to a storage location anywhere, eg. referring
a presentation or another office document on a fileserver.

The reason why I'm describing this extension is the question if this is
also interesting for typo3.org?

At the moment, the documentation matrix is a very big page, also there
are other documents like articles on other typo3.org regions.

The scheduling on the institute project calls a basic release in
something more than a week. So if you like, research the extension then.

Greets Sven