[Typo3-typo3org] TYPO3.org: Upgrade

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Fri Apr 1 10:51:51 CEST 2005

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:

> I suppose you swapped it back again since my browser still reports
> "TYPO3-3.7.0" in the backend.

yes. we had weird problems - I hope due to the opcode caching. The video
page said something like tt_address doesn't have TCA configuration, the TER
just mutually died (I don't have access to the PHP error log, so I don't
know why), and some other pages also behaved strangly.

I hope that everything works fine now with 3.7.0 and we should try upgrading
again later this day.

But in general we should learn from that. What I think about is a document
with upgrading guidelines for typo3.org and maybe something like a unit
test which at least checks some pages and connects to the TER.

Idea: Someone with Nagios and scripting knowledge could write a service
which checks the most vital parts of various typo3 sites.

--
robert