[TYPO3-hci] Page -> New Content: Unrecognizable "Select position:"

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Wed Mar 11 15:10:33 CET 2009

Hi HCI-team,

during a training some days ago several users stumbled over a problem I
really comprehend:

Choose a page with no (or very less content), click on "New content" button
at the top right. Then select a plugin at the bottom. (see screenshots)

Now the frame jumps a bit to the bottom, where "2: Select position:" is
shown. This is incredible unobtrusive to find out, what to do - especially
for new users.

Of course we all don't use this button, but (and I don't know why the first
time in my last training) ~5 users frequently used this button - and
frequently forgot what to do now.

So I'd like to move this "dialog" to an extra screen, just like new page /
new content element wizards.

Is this OK for you or do you have any suggestions?
Should the position selection be done before selecting the type of content
element? IMHO not.
Maybe the whole dialog could be made a bit bigger.

Steffen

http://st-g.de/tmp/new-content1.png
http://st-g.de/tmp/new-content2.png