[TYPO3-hci] Clear Page Cache Icon

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Jun 15 11:24:44 CEST 2009

Susanne Moog wrote:

Hi Susanne,

> I just played around with the clear page cache icon and came up with the
> attached version - as you can see I have a color problem. The right
> color would probably be yellow but... it's pretty hard to see the symbol
> in yellow.
>
> Do you have a suggestion for a color (or an entirely different icon?)?

it's important to understand the color "codes" for clear cache actions
here: In the top menu we have red, yellow and green. These colors
represent how bad or not bad clearing a particular cache is.

So clearing a cache with a green lightning won't hurt, but red could
harm your site's performance (for a while at least).
So you got to decide which color (red/yellow/green) fits clearing a
single page's cache.
I would go for yellow as it largely depends on what is on that page. If
it's a normal content page with only one cache entry it might be green,
if it's a news single page with maybe thousands of cache entries it's
probably red. So yellow would be a middle way.

For the icon itself: use the page icon and place a small lightning on
its lower right corner. (like attached)

HTH
Ingo

--