[TYPO3-hci] Where to place the important warnings

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Wed Jan 21 11:35:45 CET 2009

Hi.

On 21.01.2009 10:55 Ingo Renner wrote:
> the problem with a bar is that it takes away precious screen space.
> However, the screens from ubuntu are only meant as an inspiration, how
> they look in the end is a different thing, I think we can make them look
> quite nice in the end.

The bubble sucks. Both in Ubuntu and in Windows.
It commands too much attention.

I know, we as programmers, like the idea to instruct people how to
behave. But as administrator I don't want to be compelled to do
something, because otherwise an annoying and forcing bubble pops up
after every login.

If all programs come with bubbles, users will drown in bubbles and get
trained to ignore them or turn them off at all.

A better alternative is a single common place where the machine talks to
the users (some kind of central syslog).

-1

--
cheers,
Steffen