[TYPO3-hci] RFC: "Floppy" Icons

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Mon Jan 19 18:07:50 CET 2009

Hi,

Bernhard Kraft schrieb:
> Hallo !
>
> And to clarify it: I do not want to "change a standard" ... I would just
> like
> to collect some ideas. For example I will use a green checkmark and a
> red "X"
> in the application I am creating right now for save/cancel.

just some random thoughts:

I like the idea of using a checkmark, but only for save and close. For
me a checkmark means "everything is ok, go ahead" and I would expect
something on the screen to change.

I think a bit of a problem is that TYPO3 has "save", "save and close" as
well as "save and new" icons and it's not easy to find something that
can be used for all three to show they still belong together but mean
different things.

BTW, I never recognized the thunderbird icon for saving and I doubt that
  I would know what it meant if not for the text below it.

Pretty discouraging for finding a new icon is a quick google search for
small images called "save icon" - guess what you will find ;) No
creativity out there.

Regards,

Susanne