[TYPO3-hci] Where to place the important warnings

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Sat Jan 17 19:45:51 CET 2009

Hi.

On 16.01.2009 17:55 Francois Suter wrote:
> So I think these messages should be place elsewhere or at least some
> kind of reminder should appear somewhere in the UI to tell you that you
> have some warnings to look at. One possibility I was thinking about was
> to add a warning icon in the top (menu) bar. It would appear only when
> there are warnings and clicking on it would lead to the "About modules"
> screen (or some new screen).

Wishlist:

I would like to have a submodule "log", which collects all types of
system messags (errors, warnings, info, ...)
This "log" submodules should by default be enabled for admins and the
default target for system messages (t3lib_div::sysLog,
t3lib_div::devlog(), etc.)
We already have the fantastic EXT:devlog which could be shipped as a
preinstalled sysext.

--
cheers,
Steffen