[TYPO3-hci] sysaction issue as discussed in core

Jens Hoffmann jens at typo3.org
Wed Oct 29 10:03:33 CET 2008

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Generally speaking I'd tend to agree with you, but the current
> implementation has the nice feature that it educates the user. Without
> the empty shortcut menu she will probably never now that there is such a
> thing as a shortcut.

What about those ~1000 Shortcut-Icon on all Modules and Stages? :)

If it's hidden in 0 obj. state, then the System will be able to interact
with you >> By adding a new visual function after the fist "add Shortcut"
action, it could for e.g.: tell the user where they could find them then.
This is a very import Point for me. Hiding "useless" functionality feels
like simplicity, simplicity is what we definitely have to focus in term
of HCI and TYPO3. Please! :)

Greez Jens

Jens Hoffmann
[TYPO3 - HCI Team Leader]