[TYPO3-hci] list view in 4.2 - 1024px screen res

Krystian Szymukowicz t33kRE.MO.VE. at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Tue May 13 13:45:23 CEST 2008

Martin Kutschker pisze:
> Krystian Szymukowicz schrieb:
>> Martin Kutschker wrote:

>>> The branch could be either released as a source tar covering the
>>> complete source files or as an archive containing only the files that
>>> are different to 4.2.x.
>>>

>> That solve the issue then.
>>
>> But we need a second archive with original files to fast revert the
>> changes.
>>

>> What about extension with 2 zip files:
>> - One containing files changed
>> - Second containing original files from 4.2
>
> The full source version is easy to handle. Simply change the symlink to
> the sources as usual during an upgrade. So you can change any time
> without hassle.

Sorry - I probably do not get it right but do you suggest to make an
extension that will require existence of two full source code at
production server, then overwrite one of them with trunk diff files and
change a symlinks?

Remember that is has to be an easy task for average TYPO3 user and be
done really fast.

 >> What about extension with 2 zip files:
 >> - One containing files changed
 >> - Second containing original files from 4.2
I was wrong here of course - the second file is not necessary. Extension
can backup the files that will be overwritten.

--
grtz
Krystian