[TYPO3-hci] list view in 4.2 - 1024px screen res

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon May 5 20:46:59 CEST 2008

Benjamin Mack wrote: on 05.05.2008 10:00:
> I don't think so... :(
>
> Doing fundamental changes in the UI even in bugfixing releases bothers
> people even more than doing UI changes in major releases ;-)
>
> Let's see if we can get 4.3 out in time to fix this issue, don't you think?
>
> Or let's create an extension via XCLASSing :)

That sounded like a joke, but I guess it could be a good idea.

We could have a extension called "t3hci43" that would be the "work in
progress" of the HCI team for the new 4.3 UI, consisting of XCLASSes on
4.2 classes for now. This would make it possible to test the new
usability concepts in a bigger field than having a branch or some other
"techie" way to patch the 4.2 installation to get the new stuff.

So whoever is not satisfied with 4.2 usability could install the t3hci43
"4.2 UI enhancer" and vote on what he finds good or not. Or even
participate in its development.

Merging that back to 4.3 would be a good amount of work of course, but
maybe that could also be done step by step as new stuff from the
experimental extension is acclaimed as "good" (tm) by enough people
("mass" opinions and regular core list votes...).

Cheers,
Ernesto