[TYPO3-hci] Automatic saving of forms

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Mar 12 13:26:56 CET 2008

Andreas Balzer schrieb:
> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>>> You would create zillions of new versions with that method.
>  >> [..]
>>
>> Actually it will fail after first version is created...
> What about overwriting one backup copy like text processor programms do it?
>
>  >> Plus any
>  >> TCA hook that is onvoked during saving along with the standard
>  >> behaviour invoked at saving will have implications.
> Autosaving would be implemented through AJAX, right? No implications
> visible for me with standard save button. For me these are two different
> methods of saving the doc, or am I wrong?

Depends on what is done on save. If it's done with plain old TCAmain all
kind of thigns will happen. If custom code, like suggested is used, nothing
like that will happen. But the must take care of the form data somehow.

That said -1 for anything simple that uses straight TCAmain.

But 0/+1 for an advanced version that saves form data in the session. The
saved form data must be cleared on any real save and on log-out.

Masi