[TYPO3-hci] When docheader is not needed

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Mon Mar 10 11:55:10 CET 2008

"Dmitry Dulepov [typo3]" <dmitry at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1205145724.22930.typo3-team-hci at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi!
>
> Here is an example where docheader is bad:
> http://typo3bloke.net/fileadmin/misc/web-template.png
>
> This is Web>Template module. I tried to change site title and found that
> "Update" button is missing.
>
> Why docheader is bad there? Because it is not a typical form. This is a
> single field and lots of other non-form markup on the screen. So docheader
> with save button there looks irrelevant to content.
>
> --
Hi Dmitry,

i don't think the header is wrong but the buttons are out of context.
IMHO it's upt to the module to define which buttons are displayed and which
not. For template the "main" page only needs the preview and i think the
clear cache, in edit-mode the save/close buttons should be added.

This belongs to the same issue with defining the buttons / button order. So
there has to be an interface for buttons first to be dynamic here.

vg Steffen