[TYPO3-hci] Only one tree state for all kind of tree access

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Sun Mar 9 11:45:24 CET 2008

"Martin Kutschker" <martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1204476585.11558.typo3-team-hci at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi!
>
> What does this subject mean? In the BE various UI components will show the
> editor the page tree. The BE will keep track of the state (ie which nodes
> are expanded or not).
>
> Unfortunately the main tree and the various (pop-up) wizards share the
> same state. I don't like this. I am the only one who is disturbed if he
> fiddles with the tree in a pop-up to make a link when the main BE tree
> changes with that.
>
> I would like to change that or at least to get a user TS setting where I
> can have more tree states.
>
> Masi

Hi Masi,

what do you propose? Saving each state of possible tree in session? Showing
wizard trees always expanded?
I think the problem start with huge pagetrees (more than 1000 pages)
I'm not sure how to deal it, but anyway i often need to click/expand through
the page tree to get the wanted page, and next time in wizard the wanted
page might be differ to another branch.

vg Steffen