[TYPO3-hci] Dealing with large pagetrees: Filter, shortcut and Mount as treeroot

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Sun Mar 9 11:07:41 CET 2008

Uschi Renziehausen wrote:

> b) ONE place for accessing, adding and deleting shortcuts. Could not
> there be an option in the under the shortcut icon in the header that
> says 'add shortcut'.

4.3 maybe/probably

> This way we could get rid of one icon the
> docheaders. If that is not feasible, I still do not understand why the
> add shortcut icon in the docheader is on the right (and the open in new
> window icon as well). It is in a dead area ...

there are some technical problems with that as not all modules allow
adding shortcuts or it might only be allowed for some users for one or
another reason.
However, I agree that we should move that to the new menu if possible.
The underlaying way how shortcuts are stored needs to get a change, too.

> c) The filter is quite usefull even if you have a smaller pagetree and
> have opened up a branch with let's say 20 subpages. I am actually using
> it, because I do find the pagetree hard to read. I suppose that is a
> question of too much grey, but that is another topic.

Good you're using it already, I guess it'll be even more useful when we
add a real search in 4.3, which was not possible for 4.2 anymore.

Ingo

--
Ingo Renner