[TYPO3-hci] Dealing with large pagetrees: Filter, shortcut and Mount as treeroot

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Tue Mar 4 19:47:37 CET 2008

Typo3 has 3 very usefull features to deal with really large pagetrees,
but somehow they are not accessible easily. What I would like as a
person that has to deal with a tree of > 1000 every day is the following:

a) Mount as treeroot not on second level in the context menu.

b) ONE place for accessing, adding and deleting shortcuts. Could not
there be an option in the under the shortcut icon in the header that
says 'add shortcut'. This way we could get rid of one icon the
docheaders. If that is not feasible, I still do not understand why the
add shortcut icon in the docheader is on the right (and the open in new
window icon as well). It is in a dead area ...

c) The filter is quite usefull even if you have a smaller pagetree and
have opened up a branch with let's say 20 subpages. I am actually using
it, because I do find the pagetree hard to read. I suppose that is a
question of too much grey, but that is another topic.

Just some thoughts, Uschi