No subject

Fri Feb 8 22:50:06 CET 2008

along those lines and need to provide an update wizard in
class.ext_update.php.  We've been noticing some problems lately with
users even realizing this module exists since its somewhat hidden
inside the module menu for an extension.  Once they know it's there,
the update is no problem.  It's just discovering the functionality in
the first place that is problematic.

To this end, I've been experimenting with adding text and a link just
below any database updates that are needed.  This seemed like an
improvement but the text was still somewhat lost in all the other
content on the page.  I went ahead and added warningbox styling as
used before in Help -> About and that seems to more clearly
communicate that updates really do need to be made.

The actual styling and text are not final of course and the yellow is
really bold right now so I'm definitely open to suggestion :)  What do
you think in general about adding a warning box around critical
updates and adding a pointer to the Update Module when its applicable?

<http://webempoweredchurch.com/fileadmin/proj/misc/ext_update.png>

Thanks,
Jeff