[TYPO3-hci] 4 points in classic BE

Patrick Broens patrick at patrickbroens.nl
Thu Feb 14 10:24:02 CET 2008

Hi all,

As you might know I'm currently changing the backend to add the
docheader. All core modules are done and right now I'm working on
wizards, like the new record/new page wizard. In the next few days I
will add the docheader to the new content wizard, form wizard, table
wizard etc.

The reason why I add a post to this list is because of the proposition
Ingo did with his screenshot.

First of all Ingo deleted the big buttons. I'm in favour of doing so,
but maybe the majority is not a big fan of it. It clearly states what
functionality they have for the editors by using text. I'm not really
sure if deleting is the right option although every functionality of the
big buttons is also at the top in the docheader (the grey bar with the
icons).

Secondly, this screenshot has not been made using versioning/workspaces.
This will add the Version selector to the screen. To keep it more clean,
this should go to the docheader as well, but ... we need a third row in
the docheader, because there's no room right now in the two rows. This
means the docheader will take more space. Also the language selector
could go to the third row. The third row would be more a bar which has
only module specific functionality.

For the third row there could be another option, like the filter
collapse on top of the page tree. But then you are hiding features and
I'm not sure if that is the right way to go.

Some ideas?

The other Patrick :-)