[TYPO3-hci] 4 points in classic BE

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Thu Feb 7 20:11:34 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper
>> I know also a big coding problem. Maximo Quardos has made gb_dragndrop,
>> which uses horrible PHP. I tried to create proper class files but I failed
>> to get the dragndrop working. Moving with AJAX worked - but for some
>> reason saving failed.
>
> drag & drop is no big deal with prototype

Maximo's script use some version of prototype (not the same shipped with
   Typo3 4.1.x)

. have a look to tree.js where it's
> integrated for page tree, there is not much php code needed for.
>
> Maximo's script had bad effects with destroying elements

what you mean by that

, so a clean solution is recommended anyway.

I could send you my trial if you could figure, what's wrong with it.

Because tm_contentaccess almost totally rewrites core files of Web >
Page it is extremely diffult to make small patches.

Added functionalities
* AJAX (by M. Quadros) hide, delete and move with drag'n drop
* copy/cut/paste/clear - no AJAX
* several controls what to show
* additional tabs and tabs for columns, quick edit etc.
* layout control for button styles 8uses an additional class file)