[TYPO3-hci] Login Screen

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Fri Apr 25 17:31:38 CEST 2008

Hi,

> Still a lot easier to grasp plus a few nice additions for
> odd/even-first/last markups. I think Smarty templates can be used by the
> better HTML coders, yet they do not need to know "real" PHP.

That's Smarty's big argument indeed. But I doubt it. You still need to
understand what's a test, a loop, etc., and "pure" HTML codes (if that
exists), let's say designers may find Smarty too difficult anyway.
Furthermore my experience is that very few HTML coders actually do
templates for PHP applications. I don't if anyone who's not a developer
would actually develop HTML templates for TYPO3, but I may be wrong.
Maybe TYPO3's community has just the right mix of developers and
non-developers for that to happen...

Roger and out :-)

--

Francois Suter