[TYPO3-hci] Login Screen

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Fri Apr 25 15:53:19 CEST 2008

Hi,

> I don't know what went wrong for you that you don't like. Probabyl just
> a matter of taste. I know I'm not the only dev who loves Smarty, but I'm
> open for an solution that doesn't use awward to use markees, allows for
> looping construct within the templates, has conditions in the templates,
> etc, etc.

I guess that's exactly what I fail to be impressed with. All those
constructs are so close to PHP, what's the benefit of using Smarty? Plus
you have the hassle of loading all the variables that you want to make
available into the Smarty object, which means if the engine doesn't load
a given variable, then it's not available in Smarty, so that makes it
rather less flexible.

But you're right that's it's also a matter of taste...

--

Francois Suter