[TYPO3-hci] TCEForms: target in pages

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Wed Apr 2 11:58:44 CEST 2008

Hey guys,

just noticed that the "target" field in the tCEforms is in the palette
of the "title" field. My client just tried to do a "external URL" page
and couldn't find where he could open the external link in a new window.

That's why I propose this: The position of the "target" field should be
IMHO specific to the page type. First of all, it shouldn't be a "second
option" of the title, as it has nothing to do directly with the title.
In page type 4 it should be on the second tab, having a dropdown like in
the Element browser with "New Window" and "Javascript" :).

I am writing this here so I won't forget about it. Hopefully we can fix
such nags in 4.3. This is really something editors come across quite
often (the whole shortcut / external URL thing) -- so IMHO it's a
necessary usability step.

Mmmh... Maybe we can refurbish the external URL for 4.3 completely so we
have an element browser and then it's easy to select a file etc.

Maybe this way we can also merge the pagetypes shortcut and external URL ;-)

--
greetings,
benni.