[TYPO3-hci] BE-pages reloaded

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Tue Nov 20 21:52:08 CET 2007

Hi,

>>> One thing I really do not like right now is the "Publish / Unpublish"
>>> thing. It totally puts me into "Workspaces" because it's used there
>>> quite a lot. But if everybody agrees with changing the labels in the
>>> workspaces it's ok. Talk to Kasper / Dmitry about that please.
>>
>> This was our problem too.
>> So I will ask them.
>
> Dimitry said that Kasper should decide.
> Here is the answer of Kasper:
>

> Sounds ok to me. Please let me know the final suggestion for changes to
> all labels involved.
>
> - kasper

that's great. As we (Malte and I) discussed it in a small conference, I
vote clearly for the publish/unpublish labeling for the 'hide' features,
because they fit best the effect the regular editor experiences that
feature, even if the page is 'technical' not disabled or whatever.
Editors don't want to read any cryptic and technical labels - they don't
understand the technical stuff and don't care about that - they need
something they understand right away without any explanation. And
therefore 'hide' is not the clearest wording. Publish/unpublish fits a
lot better.

And the change of the labeling in workspaces is also a good one,
independent from the 'hide' label. Because 'publishing' something means
that it will be public - but in workspaces you can also publish 'hidden'
or 'disabled' records - so the wording is quite misleading.

--
Greetings,
Franz