[TYPO3-hci] Editing records

Andreas Balzer typo3 at andreas-balzer.de
Fri Nov 16 20:17:28 CET 2007

Hi,
as I'm no longer a team member as it looks like according to the ECT
message by Michael Stucki I don't know whether my comment is
appreciated.. Anyway.

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> * Show secondary options palette
+1
It would be a lot better to have it at a central place.

> * Show field descriptions
-1
Firstly don't use Ajax all the time, it makes the BE inaccessible for
many users. Secondly what about something like a help bar I proposed
some time ago? A central place where you see all help texts when working
with the several forms. Anyway: I woulnd't just use a simple icon or
headline where you have to hover because who knows that you actually
have to hover? A help isn't helpfull if you have to find it. It should
find you imho.

> * Disable Rich Text Editor (RTE)
-1
I know many systems where the nice and featurerich RTE does not load
correctly and isn't displayed right. If you change the setting on the
page it's not changed on all pages and if you login at a computer where
it works you don't have to switch it back.

Another point is that RTE doesn't display every code right and sometimes
you have to deactivate it in order not to screw things up.

  > Now I just want to get some feedback from you: Do you use these
> checkboxes SO many times that they should stay down there.
Yes. However they can be changed to something like toolbuttons in a
menubar. If you start moving many things to the top without any reason
this can be something to fill into the newly generated Ajax bar..

Don't take me wrong but without JavaScript activated (which is so by
default in many browsers) TYPO3 is really useless.

Andreas