[TYPO3-hci] BE-pages reloaded

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Thu Nov 15 12:20:46 CET 2007

Hi!

Today Frank and I had a small conference, about the usability of the
pages form. So here are our result.

Our Main Point: hidden/access

General Tab
- Publish Setting (palette, always visible)
-- hidden (Type: radio!)
    Labels: publish | unpublish
    (unpublish fits?)
    (perhaps some color for highlighting
    the current status)
-- starttime: now
    Label: ??? (not to long)
    (perhaps some bluring, when it's empty like 'now'),
-- endtime: endless
    Label:  ??? (not to long)
    (perhaps some bluring, when it's empty like 'open-end'
    or endless)
-- extendToSubpages:
    Label: Include subpages
    (affects only hidden,starttime,endtime)

Access Tab
- fe_group (type: check)
   Label: Frontend Access
-- accessToSubpages:
    Type: check
    Label: Include subpages
    (affects only FE-Access)
    Update Manager: Getting values from 'extendToSubpages'.

- Backend Access (palette, always visible)
-- editlock
    Type: check
    Label: Restrict editing by non-Admins | Admin only

Now Publishing would have a double meaning.
The status in the workspace should be change (anyway)

"Editing -> Review -> Release"

Here ends our main issue...

-----

Here are some ideas, which would be an improvement ;)

Moving "Last updated:" to "Tab Metadata".

Group "Navigation"
- navigationtitle
- hidemenu
- alias
- target
(palette arrangement or fields?)

Group "Cache"
- fields: no_cache,Cache expires,Login Mode

Group "Localization"
- fields: "Hide default translation of page",
	  "Hide page if no translation for current language exists"

All three groups should be place in General. The sorting is open.

The "Options" tab should be more like a configuration tab.
The "General" tab should be more like a editing/editor tab.

The is an overview about our 'conference'. Feel free to comment it. I
think, that Frank will add some more issues, which I forgot ;)

Cheers,

Malte