[TYPO3-hci] Editing records

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Wed Nov 14 17:17:02 CET 2007

Hi Bennie,

"Benjamin Mack" <mack at xnos.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.392.1195055941.14020.typo3-team-hci at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hey,
>
> as you might know, there is a new alpha coming these days. It has some
> changes to the alt_doc.php page when editing records.
>
> On every page you have three checkboxes.
>
>  * Show secondary options (palettes)
>  * Show field descriptions
>  * Disable Rich Text Editor (RTE)
>
> I'd like to remove these from there, and migrate them to other places.
>
> * Show secondary options palette
> If you select this option right now, all option palettes on all pages will
> be displayed. I usually use this feature once to turn them on. So I think
> they should go to "User" => "Setup" where people can turn them on or off.
> Apart from that I also want to have the state of a  single options palette
> stored in the UC. So if people don't want to see all of them but has
> expanded one of them, it stays. What do you think?

Yes, i know noone switching it - for me i switch it on one time and never
touch again - my ok for usersettings.

> * Show field descriptions
> This is basically a more verbal description of the field. I'd like to see
> this when you hover over the items, this can be done through AJAX or
> something similar. It should be displayed once somebody hovers over the
> title (or the help icon) and waits for 0.5 seconds. This way we have the
> info there and no checkbox needed. We could of course have this option as
> well in the UC to activate the info on all fields (as it is right now). I
> know people who have it activated, but then for all items and all the
> time, so it's not needed to be rendered at ever page.

same as above - usersettings

> * Disable Rich Text Editor (RTE)
> This is IMHO obsolete as there is an option in the User => Setup module
> already. This should be streamlined and be available there as well and can
> then be removed in the alt_doc.php. Or are there people who use this
> checkbox extensively?

this can be useful. I remember the time with rte-problems i often used, also
for manual entering links etc.
IMHO this switch should be everytime in the form under richtext-fields, or
may be at the end of the form.

> Now I just want to get some feedback from you: Do you use these checkboxes
> SO many times that they should stay down there.
>
> If the majority agrees, I'd like to make this happen for 4.2. (Any help is
> completely encouraged, send me an email if you're interested in work on
> that).
>
> --
> greetings,
> benni.
> -SDG-
>
> www.xnos.de // www.xnos.org

sure, continue your good work for BE ;-)

vg  Steffen